Back from Italy!

I'm back from Italy and back to the hussel and bussel of New York City. After a few days of being jet lagged and days of trying to catch up with friends, I am finally getting to go through and edit all my pictures. I believe I took over 700, but lost count, I deleted so many and still have over 500 photos that record my nine day stay in Cortona.
Not to worry, I will not share on this blog all five hundred photos. I wish I could but that would be absurd, instead I will be sharing small selections in the coming days, hoping the images will give you an idea of the amazing time I had. Cortona is a beautiful little town above the Tuscan hills, and everywhere you turn you get a glance of the landscape bellow.
Even if the view of the valley below is obstructed you can still enjoy the simplicity and beauty of the town and its colorful buildings which glow in the afternoon sun.

Every morning I would wake up and eat breakfast with this view, it was breathtaking and I constantly needed to pinch myself, this had to be a dream. Frankly I don't think there's a better way to start your day than with a view like this.   
Just in case you couldn't get enough of the view at the breakfast table, it is guaranteed that you'll get plenty of views as you stroll through the town. Aside from sitting at the cafes and enjoying great company, another favorite pass time is to take strolls, or passeggiata as the Italians call it. 
"Buona passeggiata" an old lady said to me as I walked down from the top of Cortona, walking through the small calles, and even though my direction was downward I still felt the clouds were close enough that I could reach them.
Cortona, and most of Tuscany has magical moments through out the day, one of them is early in the morning when the fog sets in covering the valley and allowing only the top of the hills and steeples to peak through, it almost feels like the town is built in the sky. The fog doesn't last long, so it's best to wake up very early to witness it, by 7am. the fog rises slowly creating beautiful affects with the sunlight. 

Comments

Popular Posts