Back to Work


After a short break away from the studio, I'm back to work, excited with what the future holds.  I have planning on larger paintings have already begun preparing canvases for them.  To get me into the feel of things I put this old painting back up on the easel and giving it another shot.  


Being away from this painting has made me look at it with fresh eyes and I'm applying things I learned on smaller work this year.  This linen has more texture than what I'm used to, and although I was having a hard time dealing with that throughout last year, I didn't seem to mind it this week.
  

I'm enjoying the way this linen grabs paint, I can't wait to see how far I can push the textures in the foreground of this landscape. 


I have done more work on the clouds as well, softening some areas and adding more texture on others.  These are really bad picture under bad studio light, so not the best example but it gives you an idea.  More to come.

Comments

Popular Posts