The Ultimate Goal



There's not a single day that passes without me thinking of Chardin. I was introduced to his work in 2001 by my painting teacher in school, and ever since I have used his work as my ultimate goal. Chardin hits a special cord with me. I think his work is the epitome of perfection, each painting full of life and spirituality. He was not too concerned with little details or hung up on subject matter. I have had the honor to stand in front of his work, including the two pieces above, which hang in the MFA Boston. In every painting by Chardin I have been able to witness his genius of handling his materials, little dabs and strokes of color strategically placed throughout the painting. Above all, his work always display an amazing degree of honesty and humbleness that I find mind blowing.

Comments

Popular Posts