A New Start

Happy belated new year to all! 2009 literally started with everything new for me. On new years eve I moved out of my apartment to a new place near by. After two years of dealing with a crazy 80 something year old Italian landlady my roommate and I decided it was time to pack up and go once we found a better deal.
The move was hard, it was a cold night and midnight came for me at the back of a uhaul truck. But I'm at a better place and it has not taken long for me to feel comfortable in the new space. I'm in the precess of unpacking, so at the moment I won't be able to start painting for maybe another week. Slowly things are getting back to normal though, like getting my cable and Internet installed today! Just in time for today's post.
As I settle in I have been thinking of my new year's resolutions, which are just an extent from last year. One and for most, I have to take care of my health and my body. I can't keep going out and living the crazy social life I've had last year. It became my second full time job, and granted yes I did get to meet some good people, I realize I need to set some limits for myself. Second is my art. I didn't reach my goal of completing at least ten paintings in 2008, but in all it was a better artistic year than 2007. This year I have to keep working and take more risks in my work. Third, I need to set money aside so I could take the trip I've always wanted, a tour of some of the major towns and cities of Italy. Fourth resolution is to acquire more knowledge in wine. I bought a few bottles last night so I seem to be going on the right track with this one. The fifth and last resolution is to keep my family and friends closer and to get rid of people who make no positive difference in my life, and it seems I already started that last year.
For the moment I'm just trying to familiarize myself with my new routine and taking one step at a time. Happy New Year every one and hope you reach your goals! Cheers to 2009!

Comments

Popular Posts