New Painting: Sliced Red Onion

Sliced Red Onion, 2010, oil on canvas, 12 x 16 inches
I feel relieved I pushed myself to finish this painting. It's been dragging for too long and for no reason, only that I haven't been working. This painting is a bit different from the other still life pieces I've done. Composition is a bit more complex, integrated; I'm trying to stay away from the single object still life. What's more noticeable about this painting is the cooler palette. The cool white gray background and the white table give this piece a more contemporary feel. This was not out of accident, since I've been pushing for that cool modern it factor, while keeping things warm and familiar. I find it hard to believe that the year is almost over, and with that in mind I'm scurrying to complete some unfinished pieces, like this one, that have been abandoned out of lack of discipline. Next are two landscapes, one still life, and I'm planning on a new portrait. More to come.

Comments

Popular Posts