Stay Loosey Goosey

Yellow Heirloom Tomato, 2006, oil on canvas panel, 6 x 8 inches
Late Wednesday night, after being lazy for most of the night I decided to give a shot at a painting. I have been wanting to paint this Heirloom Tomato for a while, as a matter of fact, that was the only reason why I spent a big buck for two of them at Dean & Deluca. Aside from the farmers market at Union Square, Dean & Deluca has the best produce and I stop there from time to time, when money allows to treat myself to high quality food. For this painting I knew I wanted to keep loose, trying to push myself a little more. I used a different brush made of Polecat hair, which is very soft and it blends the paint more. But the good thing about this brush is that it is strong enough to hold big piles of paint and working with this amount of paint was like sculpting with butter. An amazing feeling!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It lokks great!

hfm
http://tcores.blogspot.com
Luis Colan said…
Thanks!

Popular Posts