Painting Process 5

First layer of paint

Second layer of paint


Painting has begun and from here on the whole process becomes some what scary for me. So far I've manage to do about two layers of paint and I know there's about ten more to come. For some reason I tend to do layer upon layer upon layer on the background until I get what I want. Some times I'm not sure what I want reason why I go through so many different background colors. What I've learned is that the background is what makes or breaks the painting. Too many people leave this until the end and apply some random color not realizing the importance of what they're doing. My teacher, Stephen Brown didn't even like the term "background" because it sounded like a minor part of a painting. He liked to refer to it as the ground color.
At this point of the painting everything becomes messy and uncertain. But clarity will come sooner or later. I'll post more if the mood of the painting changes. Wish me luck!

Comments

Parisbreakfasts said…
way to go!
Now MORE!:)
Luis Colan said…
Yeah, this was just the beginning. Still working on it. Will be posting an image this weekend.

luis

Popular Posts