Painting Process 6


Have been working on the Cabbage painting for the past week and some small changes are happening. The ground color changed from light green to off white. I have been using unbleached Titanium Pale by Williamsburg Oil Paint a lot since last year in many of my paintings. I used it once and fell in love with it. It gives me that contemporary look I'm looking to bring into traditional still life painting. The use of this color happened coincidentally as I started to discover Vermeer. I saw Girl with a Pearl Earring and it was the begging of my admiration of his work. What I love about Vermeer is that he included the white walls of his studio in most of his work. A great choice for depicting glowing light. I'm trying to bring this glow into my work. So far it hasn't worked as I want because I'm not glazing with an important color I should be. Indian Yellow is the transparent color Vermeer would use on his paintings, and this color did the trick of glowing light. For some reason I don't like to glaze. It makes me feel uncomfortable, that's why Indian Yellow hasn't appeared much in my work. I think I'm going to try it on this painting and see how it goes.

Comments

Popular Posts