Early Work

I was introduced to oil paints in the third year of high school. Since then I haven't stopped using oils and to tell the truth I don't think I ever will. I fell in love with the buttery feel and smell of oils and did not encounter any issues in my first paintings. It was a natural match I guess. Like most artists my first paintings were still lives, a genre most leave behind for bigger and more complicated styles. I on the other hand decided to stick to still life, especially after seeing Chardin's work. From that point on I realized that great painting could be accomplished with in this genre. Here is a small sample of my humble beginnings.
Still Life with Scallions, 1999, oil on canvas, 16 x 20 inches


Pan y Vino, 2001, oil on canvas, 23 x 18 inches


Onion Still Life, 2002, oil on canvas, 16 x 20 inches


Still Life with Tea Cup, 2002, oil on canvas, 11 x 14 inches


Still Life with Eggs, 2002, oil on canvas, 14 x 18 inches


Two Eggs and Potato, 2004, oil on canvas, 8 x 10 inches

Comments

Luis Colan said…
thanks, I worked really hard on those eggs. They are the hardest thing to paint, so simple yet hard.

luis

Popular Posts