A Painted Sketch

Lime, 2006, oil on canvas panel, 5 x 7 inches

OK, here it is; the second painting of the week completed in one session. I was not sure if to do one more of these tonight or to try to finish other work that needs completion. I'm having fun with these little painted sketches but I don't think I can keep producing them regularly. The main reason why I started these was to use them as quick exercises to learn how to be loose. Painting these little works requires a different mentality, it almost feels like I'm back in school and just learning how to paint. I commend all the artists out there doing a painting a day and posting them on their blogs. You are all an inspiration.

Comments

Darren Maurer said…
It is fun, but in a way difficult also. Sometimes I think it is a mental drain. Set a goal to complete two every week maybe.
Luis Colan said…
they are hard but after seeing it completed it makes you want to paint more. Today I've been thinking that I'm going to keep painting as much as I can, my goal would be to do three a week.

luis

Popular Posts