Painting Process 8

I have resumed work on this painting and finally I think I'm getting somewhere. I had painted the background turquoise, which was a total mistake. After that it changed to a dark, earthy blue. I had used Blue Ochre, a very hard to find color. I found this pigment at SOHO Art Materials and according to them it is genuine. Blue Ochre is one of those colors that apparently doesn't exist anymore. If any one can get their hands on this pigment do so because it is a beautiful deep rich warm blue. Although a nice color it didn't seem to work for this painting. I tried to liven it up by adding Cobalt Blue but that also didn't seem to help. I followed by painting in a very pale blue, which is what you can see in the image. So far it seems to be better but not there yet. I guess we'll see what happens next.

Comments

Luis Colan said…
It depends, with this painting I'm going crazy because nothing seems to work, but there are times when I start a painting and it just flows and I have it done in a few days. Example of this is "Tomato" in My Life in Red post....I started this painting after the cabbage still life and finished it in less than two weeks.

luis
Luis Colan said…
Oh yeah, after the big struggle clarity comes and everything falls into place, and sometimes the fineshed work looks beter than you ever thought it would be.
By the way, thank you for emailing me the guidelines for entering Moleskinerie!

luis

Popular Posts