Monday, July 10, 2006
Painting Process 8
I have resumed work on this painting and finally I think I'm getting somewhere. I had painted the background turquoise, which was a total mistake. After that it changed to a dark, earthy blue. I had used Blue Ochre, a very hard to find color. I found this pigment at SOHO Art Materials and according to them it is genuine. Blue Ochre is one of those colors that apparently doesn't exist anymore. If any one can get their hands on this pigment do so because it is a beautiful deep rich warm blue. Although a nice color it didn't seem to work for this painting. I tried to liven it up by adding Cobalt Blue but that also didn't seem to help. I followed by painting in a very pale blue, which is what you can see in the image. So far it seems to be better but not there yet. I guess we'll see what happens next.