Taking a Walk

I took some time this afternoon, after picking up a few sketchbooks, to take a walk. I was in Chelsea, and it was windy. A cold wind that made many run to their destination. But not me. I wanted to enjoy the last few moments of sun. The best way to enjoy the sun and life in general is on the west side of the city.
It's always beautiful to walk down the little streets of Greenwich Village. Old town houses line up the streets, and cobble stones adorn the ground in areas. When there's no rush and the day is right walking around the Village, towards the water, could be very inspirational.
Unlike many parts of New York, the little Village streets are almost empty. It gives me a chance to be alone and think. I didn't mind the cold today, for the first time the cold temperature didn't bother me at all. I was happy enjoying my walk while I listened to the Across the Universe soundtrack.
Can't think of a perfect moment than when I was crossing the west side highway, heading to the piers and the song "Across the Universe" came on. "Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my open mind possessing and caressing me. Nothing's going to change my world, nothing's going to change my world." A perfect song for the perfect moment as I thought to myself nothing will change my world here in this city. It seems to keep getting better and better. Life seems more beautiful these days.

I took my walk by the piers, as the wind flew hard and made the water choppy. The sun was out here and there, a beautiful thing when its rays peek through the clouds. Across from the Manhattan is New Jersey, and sometimes it seems like the sun shines blessings upon that state. This is one of my favorite places in all New York. This is where I come to be alone and reflect on my life. Think of the past present and future. This is where I come to thank God for bringing me here and keeping me here. These are the moments when I feel lucky to be living in such a great city.

Comments

Popular Posts