Oops I Did it Again!

I was not supposed to do this again, at least not for a while, but I was weak and slipped. Why would I decide to kill time and wait for a friend at Strand when I know I'm weak to its charms, I don't know? But that's what I did and ended leaving the place close to two hours later with a bag full of books. But this was a good purchase, as I always tell myself. I'm being more wise about my shopping, most of the books I buy are small and most of the time they run at $10 or less. I found some great exhibition catalogs for $3.50, you can't beat that. What was great about this purchase is that I found three new artists which I've now become a fan of; Axel Geis, David Kapp, and Salvador Tuset Tuset. All great painters and all are great inspirations. A catalog of Stuart Shills' 2008 exhibit was there as well, a show I missed and was very happy to at least see the work in reproductions. Another book I was happy to find, in hardback I must add, is Brunelleschi's Dome by Ross King. Been trying to find it in hardback but it seems that paperback is the only way is sold now. Two other books include Matisse Father & Son by John Russell and The Art in Painting by Albert C. Barnes. Oh boy when am I going to get through all these books?

Comments

Popular Posts