Recent Progress

I began work on this canvas a few months back, little did I know I was going to leave it untouched after the first layer of paint. This canvas has been hanging around in my studio for a while and a few weeks ago I started working on it again. I haven't committed myself much to this or other painting since my latest landscape will not leave me in peace. That's a whole other monster I don't want to get into. So as I apply some color to this still life I begin to notice that I'm not so happy with the positioning of the stuff on the table. There's too much dead space at the bottom and the only way to resolve the problem is to reconfigure things. I brought things down a bit hoping this would work.
I felt a little better about the change and forged ahead applying more color. I'm having fun working on this still life and by the looks of it, it seems like I will finish it sooner than expected.

Comments

Popular Posts