Finito!

Three Lemons, Two Tomatoes, 2006, oil on panel, 6 x 12 inches

This painting is finished! I was not expecting to be done tonight but I was on a roll with this one. This is different for me since the painting surface is more horizontal than what I'm used to working with. I enjoyed this new format so much that I'm going to be using it more often. This is also my first time painting lemons and I like how they came out. This has reestablished yellow as my favorite color. When I was a little boy yellow was my it color. I remember picking up a plastic toy mini van at a department store and it was a golden bright yellow. Very much like a cadmium yellow deep. My mother looked at it and with a sense of disapproval said "yellow?" I said, "it's my favorite color!" Right now I'm feeling just like I did then.

Comments

Peter Yesis said…
A beautiful fine painting. You should be proud of this one.
Luis Colan said…
Thanks Peter, I am very proud of this one. I'm always proud of my work because they are all challenging,and when I'm done I feel like I just climbed a mountain. This one was fun to paint.
Mauricio said…
Congrats Luis!!!

Quedó maravilhoso el trabajo.

Sos un artista de prima!

Un abrazo amigo.
Jeffrey Hayes said…
Looks great Luis... I like the unconventional dimensions a lot.
-Jeff
That's so pretty...you're very talented. ;)
J Matt Miller said…
Beautiful! I love what you did with the background light.
Luis Colan said…
Thank you all for having a look at my latest painting.

Mauricio tu siempre tienes algo lindo que decir, muchisimas gracias del corazon.

Jeff, the format of the painting just happened. I got free samples of this panel from a guy who was starting his own company of art materials.....I've been waiting to paint of these panels but had no idea what. The rest just happened on its own. Cant wait to do more in this format.

Matt, the background was something I strugled a bit with, at the beginning it was a bright gree, took a while to mute it down....it seems to work fine now. Thanks for stopping by.

Run Around Paris, thank you as well for looking at my blog. I'm always happy to hear from new people. Please do come back soon.

Take care everyone.

Luis
Anonymous said…
The lemons look really LEMON ! thats amazing.

Coco
Luis Colan said…
thaks Coco, I'm actually in the process of reworking the painting, actually just fine tooning a few things here and there. Nothing drastic.

Popular Posts