A Mighty Fun Time

Tomato and Two Limes, 2006, oil on canvas, 8 x 11 inches

I started this little painting a few days before completing Red Cabbage, and once that painting was out of the way I jumped to this one without missing a beat. This little one is a good example of paintings that flow out without any struggle, unlike the one before it. This only took three or four days to execute. The first day was uncertain, I didn't know where I wanted to go with it. On the second day I just started applying paint and decided to work with what came natural. I cleared my head and got rid of any expectations. I just wanted to have fun with it.
Although a very different piece from Red Cabbage both paintings share the same history. Tomato and Two Limes was painted over the original Red Cabbage I painted in 2004. This image is also a second version from a painting I executed in 2004 which hangs in the home of one of my patrons. The first version measured 9 x 9 inches and had a warmer fell to it, very much like Vine Ripe Tomatoes posted in May under "I Play with my Food."

Comments

Darren Maurer said…
Sometimes a painting just goes right. Each painting I do is a roller coaster ride for me. I like the fact that you are mixing different items together for your subjects.
Mauricio said…
Hola Luis,

Increíbles tus pinturas, de una calidad buenisima, ya estás en mis favoritos!

Un abrazo y gusto en conocerte.
Anonymous said…
Luis,

you ve been busy painting recently, haven't you.

C x
Luis Colan said…
Thaks Darren, I like to mix different veggies in my paintings because it allows me to use more color and hopefully get some kind of color harmony going. Colors found in nature are the purest and best.

Mauricio, muchas gracias por visitar mi blog y tomar tu tiempo en darle un vistaso a mis pinturas. Es un gusto y plaser en conoserte a ti tambien. Tu trabajo tambien es de una calidad buenisima. Te pondre en mis links.

Coco, yes I have been very busy painting. There was a time when I stopped painting for a month or month and a half but picked it up some what with the Cabbage painting and now I don't want to let it go!!!!
Anonymous said…
They look so fresh and natural!

hfm
http://tcores.blogspot.com
Luis Colan said…
thanks!!!!

Luis
Takeyce said…
Very nice, Luis!
r. chunn said…
Well done, Luis. You have a sensitive eye.
Luis Colan said…
Thank you Chunn, that's the best comment I've gotten so far...I'm glowing!

luis

Popular Posts