I'm on a Roll!

Vermilion, 2006, oil on canvas panel, 5 x 7 inches

In July I had decided to try to do at least two of the one painting a day pieces twice a week. I bought canvas panel and thought I was ready for it. I only managed to paint two small ones that month, and a few days ago I completed the third one. But today I was truly inspired by the other artist who are doing this day in day out. USA Today published an article about this new phenomena of artists using blogs to get their work to the masses. Artists Take Paintings to Masses was what triggered this new painting today. I'm don't think I can pull this off everyday, but I will try to get done as many as I can during the week. This little painting of the day is about one of my oil treasures. Yes, it is a tube of genuine Vermilion hand ground in washed linseed oil. Genuine Vermilion along with Genuine Naples Yellow are hard colors to come by, but some oil paint companies are catching on to the demand for the real stuff.

Comments

Parisbreakfasts said…
OH YEAH ! Put that paint on that brush = COOKIN' WTG!!!
Luis Colan said…
Thanks! I hope I can cook some more.
Jeffrey Hayes said…
Good luck Luis, I look forward to seeing more!
mick mcginty said…
Luis,
Looks great! Are you going to sell on eBay too, or do it for your own pleasure.

I wanted to say thanks again for letting me use your photos for some paintings. I finished one that will go up for auction tonight (Friday). I can;t wait to dive into the Koi pond.

I added your blog link on my page. Keep up the great work!
Luis Colan said…
Thaks Jeff, I look forward to see if I can keep this up!

Mick, I would love to sell them on eBay but I still can't figure out how to do the whole link thing. HELP!!!!!!

luis
J Matt Miller said…
Beautiful Lois! You have got a light touch.
Luis Colan said…
Thanks Matt, trying to make my light touch into a heavier painterly one.

luis

Popular Posts