Second One in a Row!

California Peach in Bowl, 2006, oil on canvas panel, 6 x 8 inches

What can I say, the painting a day bug bit me good! I have been wanting to paint a pair of peaches I bought last week but never gave my time to it. I was hopping to do one of my regular still lifes using the peach as an homage to Chardin. After my success with Vermilion I decided to do another small painting. This took me all night, started around 9:30 PM on Friday night and it is now 1:41 AM on Saturday morning. I didn't think I was going to pull this one off tonight, but here I am posting my peach. I'm hopping to put this up for sale on eBay later tonight if I'm able to figure out how to link it to the eBay page. Mick McGinty is helping me with this....Thanks Mick, you're the best. It has been a long night but I'm a happy painter and can now go to bed and have sweet dreams!

Comments

Anonymous said…
wowow Luis,

I thought I left a message on the one below(vermillion), but it is no tup ! May be i miss-typed the verification word...

anyway, congrats to your daily painting project to come reality ! and good luck with e-bay. Earlier this week, my online daily art gallery shop went live, too.

C x
Parisbreakfasts said…
W T G !
Good 4 U
Luis Colan said…
Thanks ladies, I'll try to keep this up, at least two of them a week. It takes a lot dicipline and right now I'm not sure if I have it. We'll see!

luis
m collier said…
Love the peach -- the slight green banding on the plate adds a nice secondary detail -- Makes your eye move around the painting.
Luis Colan said…
Thanks M, I'm very pleased with this painting. I'm very exhited to paint another one.

luis
Incredible...I'm so impressed with those who have the ability to paint. Your work is consistantly beautiful.
Erin
Darren Maurer said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darren Maurer said…
I'm happy to hear you have committed to two paintings a week. You will get a lot out of this. All I want to do now is paint after starting my painting a day blog back in March. Keep up the great work. I love the peach.
Luis Colan said…
Thank you so much Erin for the praise!

Darren, I'm hopping to keep this up, not so much to make money but to learn more about our craft. Thank you for the support.

luis
Darren Maurer said…
You are looking at it the right way. I paint my miniatures because I would be painting anyway, and if they sell they sell and if they don't thats fine too. If we start painting with only the end goal being the piece sells the creative process would suffer. I am constantly looking during the day for things that appeal to me as an artist.
Todd said…
another great painting, hats off to you for doing these on a regular basis like that. I'm sure you will get the large payoff
Luis Colan said…
I couldn't agree more! I'm looking around for things as well, sometimes it gets hard but then again something always sparks up your interest. Disinterestedness will always make a great artist.

luis
Luis Colan said…
thanks Todd, just enjoying this new way of working, for now at least. The large payoff for me would be to just lay donw a single stroke of paint and getting it right that first time....someday, someday!

luis

Popular Posts