New Painting: Elizabeth Park

Elizabeth Park, 2008, oil on panel, 9 x 12 inches
After living in the city for a few years I have come to appreciate nature much more, even when it's man made, such as a park. I find that every time I go back to Connecticut I find pleasure in looking at trees and surrounding areas. The painting above is from a small park called Elizabeth Park, and it's known as the Rose park due to its Rose gardens. It is here where brides come during the spring and summer to get their pictures taken among the Roses. It was no different for my sister on Saturday, August 16. She took the trip with her husband, flower girls and entourage to take pictures commemorating the day. As I walked to the main lawn I came across a group of small, low, trees that seemed to guard the Rose gardens beyond them. I became interested in the way the sunlight hit the tree at the center lighting it up, and at the sunlight patches on the ground. I had found a romantic scene at the Rose park and it did not involve flowers.

Comments

Popular Posts