On To Something New

I have been working on Steve's portrait almost religiously but at a point I had to put the brushes down. Not for good, but to start a new painting. A new landscape is on the works. This painting will be a little different than the last landscape. To start I'm not painting a vast scene. This piece will be more intimate with tress on the foreground surrounding the viewer. I'm excited for this new small painting but I also know it will be a challenge due to the layering of lights and shadows. But I will not rush it, I will just let it develop with me. I know this painting will be a good lesson.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Are you working from a photograph or is this invented? I have a great show book from Jacob Collin's landscape show at H&A if you want it. It's a nice read.
Luis Colan said…
working from a digital photo i took at Elizabeth Park in Hartford, it's such a beautiful scene. I would love to see the Jacob Collins book, he's such a good painter!
Dave Linder said…
I am enjoying seeing your paintings in progress - your work is inspiring!
Luis Colan said…
thank you very much Dave...I had a look at your site and I love your sketches. Very nice indeed!

Popular Posts